ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Corner Pin a Mask

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Guy HancockCorner Pin a Mask
by on Mar 14, 2011 at 5:25:45 pm

So I have some phone footage - I'm trying to isolate part of this and comp it onto another phone plate.

I can mask the area I want but I can't use the corner pin tool very well because it will always use the original comps four corners. It helps if I precompose the layer and shrink it down to the desired size but this doesn't help much when the phone footage is at a sharp angle.

Is there any way the corner pin effect can be applied to a rectangular mask?

Many thnaks in advance.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Corner Pin a Mask
by on Mar 14, 2011 at 5:35:03 pm

Corner Pin uses the corners of the footage, masked or not. The same thing applies footage in a precomp.

If you want a precomp or nested comp to work properly using corner pin, it needs to be the size of the footage to be corner pinned. You can do this by reducing the comp's H&V values, and repositioning the footage in the comp until it's right. Then the comp's corners are the footage's corners, and life is good.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Sabri LiefertRe: Corner Pin a Mask
by on Jan 3, 2012 at 7:31:36 am

I have exactly the same problem.
I want to distort a small shape path like a trapezoid. A simple perpective distortion.

So the pins of the corner pin effect has to be exactly on two corners of the shape. Thats only possible if i reduce the composition like you discribed. But if the shape is not parallel to the rectangular compostion window - that dont work.

I wonder if there is not a simpler solution. I tried other conrner pin effects like CC Power Pin and BCC Corner Pin but did´nt find a way.

Also there is a free transform tool in AE. But i can´t apply it to the shape path?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved