ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Mocha Pro Removal Tool Problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian LeoMocha Pro Removal Tool Problem
by on Mar 12, 2011 at 9:23:12 am

Hi. I have a problem for Mocha Pro. I am trying to use the removal tool for Mocha Pr which just doesn't work AT ALL. First, I film a shot of a cup that I want to remove. Then, in Mocha Pro, I track the cup and the background. Then after that I go to the remove tool, with the cup track selected, and hit render forwards. It renders but with no remove at all. I've been trying to do this for 7 days already, and I am using the trial version. Please help, thank you! :)

Return to posts index

Kim Krohn BerleRe: Mocha Pro Removal Tool Problem
by on Jun 8, 2012 at 10:25:32 pm

Did you ever get any answer on this?…I have the exact same problem. I've only got it to work once…

Return to posts index

Ross ShainRe: Mocha Pro Removal Tool Problem
by on Jun 11, 2012 at 5:40:38 pm

If mocha Pro is not removing properly, the first thing to check is that the actual clean frames exist within the shot.

For example, in the above users description, if the cup is so close to the wall that there are not any clean frames to use, mocha Pro will not automatically work. In this scenereio, the user must provide mocha Pro with 1-2 clean frames (usually painted/cloned in Photoshop).

This tutorial covers "Clean Plates":

If there are good clean frames within the shot, the first thing to check is your background track is solid.

Next, make sure your remove layer is on the layer above the bg layer.

Last, make sure the "gear/render" icon on the remove layer is on, go to remove and render.

If you are still having issues, it is best to contact Imagineer support:

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved