ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Render issue with footage over network

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joachim FreitagRender issue with footage over network
by on Mar 9, 2011 at 6:36:36 pm

i set up my mac pro with after effects for multiprocessor rendering. 16 cores and 24GB ram. it all works fine but in the end it seems as slow as with only on core. it seems the problem lies in the footage which is located on a network volume.

(pleas look at the attached graphic) as you can see, processorvalues are going up and down, so the networkvalues do...

any ideas?

thanks

joachim

joachim.freitag@me.com

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Render issue with footage over network
by on Mar 9, 2011 at 7:00:55 pm

[Joachim Freitag] "i set up my mac pro with after effects for multiprocessor rendering. 16 cores and 24GB ram. it all works fine but in the end it seems as slow as with only on core. it seems the problem lies in the footage which is located on a network volume."

Try Collect files [link] to gather everything to a local volume and render from there to see how much it could improve your render times.

Either the networked storage or your network bandwidth itself could easily be the bottleneck with multiple processes pulling footage simultaneously.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Render issue with footage over network
by on Mar 10, 2011 at 4:54:12 pm

Allocating 16 cores to After Effects with 24 GB RAM sounds counter-productive. In addition to Walter's advice, you may also want to look at Adobe's recommended processor and memory allocations for After Effects:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/543440

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]