ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

teaching after effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve GERGESteaching after effects
by on Mar 9, 2011 at 11:01:14 am

Hello, i was asked to teach some basics about after effects to a couple of guys. As a starting point i found this website that does quite the trick in helping out figuring what i could teach them:

Now the people i will teach, do want to have some documentation about what i will tell them, so i was wondering if there is anyone who could recommend a pdf document that i could point them to which covers the basics of after effects.... yes i'm a bit lazy and don't want to make a document of my own, but anyway why should i reinvent the weel if there could be a document somewhere that could help as starting point....

Any help greatly appreciated,

Steve - Art Director -

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: teaching after effects
by on Mar 9, 2011 at 12:25:45 pm

There are some free sample chapters from After Effects Apprentice and the After Effects Classroom in a Book linked to from here. You could do a lot worse than to hand the students those chapters (and that link).

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Thomas AlexanderRe: teaching after effects
by on Jun 12, 2013 at 1:23:14 pm

Todd hi, i need your help. I am starting a series of tutorials for my channel on youtube on After Effects CS6 in greek language. Due to the fact that After Effects doesn't come in Greek language and many people want to learn it. The problem is i am trying to find a way to give emphasis by zooming to a specific tab for example lwhile explaining during screen recording. Do i need to purchase a third party software or can After Effects do it by it self. I really appreciate your help.

Thomas Alexander | Independent Cinematographer
Soulman Films | Nicosia Cyprus | +357-97697640

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: teaching after effects
by on Mar 9, 2011 at 3:13:27 pm

I'd suggest that in order to minimize confusion, any materials you provide should match your teaching approach. Unless the VCP Basics track really well with the books Todd linked to, it might be better to base your approach on the book you'd use.

I'd also encourage you or your students to purchase the full books to reward the authors for their efforts.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Angie TaylorRe: teaching after effects
by on Mar 10, 2011 at 8:46:48 am

I agree with whats already been said. It's a more professional touch to provide them with training materials that relate to the course. On my courses I provide them with a copy of my "After Effects CS5 Learn by Video" as it has video training identical to what they cover in my course. Or you could provide them each with a copy of "Classroom in a Book". this way you can say that you are using "official Adobe Training Materials" for your course too! :-)

Hope this helps

Angie Taylor animation & illustration for television, film, web and devices
Twitter: theangietaylor
Linkedin: theangietaylor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved