ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Why does Write-on sometimes give curved lines, and sometimes give straight lines?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Lansdell
Why does Write-on sometimes give curved lines, and sometimes give straight lines?
on Mar 9, 2011 at 10:44:58 am

Not much more to this than the subject, why does Write-on sometimes give curved lines, and sometimes give straight lines? It's annoying!

Michael Lansdell

Online/Offline Editor

My system:

2 x 3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
5GB DDR2 RAM
512MB ATI Radeon X1900 XT
OS X 10.4.11
Final Cut Pro 6.0.4
After Effects CS4
Blackmagic Design DeckLink HD Extreme (6.6.2)

Take a gander at my personal blog:

http://www.monstersareart.co.uk

Return to posts index

Eric Epstein
Re: Why does Write-on sometimes give curved lines, and sometimes give straight lines?
on Mar 9, 2011 at 6:35:35 pm

It's just like how the motion path of a layer can be curved or straight, it all depends on the keyframe interpolation. Right click on the Brush Position keyframes to change it.

If you knew all that already and just wondered why it starts out one way or he other, I have no idea.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: Why does Write-on sometimes give curved lines, and sometimes give straight lines?
on Mar 9, 2011 at 7:39:55 pm

You change the Spatial keyframe type for a property that contains positional data (other than Transform.position) from within the Layer Panel.

Once, you're in the Layer Panel, ensure that View is set appropriately.

HTH
RoRK

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Michael Lansdell
on Mar 28, 2011 at 10:50:03 am

It seems to be that if you set some keyframes and then make the middle ones 'rove across time' that the next lot you put in go straight. Weird, but work-around-able!

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]