ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Compositing Text Onto Skin in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trent Booth
Compositing Text Onto Skin in After Effects
on Mar 7, 2011 at 2:47:27 pm

Hi All

I am looking for suggestions on techniques for compositing text onto skin using After Effects CS4 [preferably]. And preferably without Mocha.

Essentially we need to remake the following TVC:

. We need to have text sitting on skin identical to this TVC, which then has a hand wipe across it to reveal a greatly reduces text effect on skin.

Any shooting and AE techniques and or plugin suggestions greatly appreciated.

This is an urgent request for advice as we will be shooting Friday 18th March.

Return to posts index

Jason Mettler
Re: Compositing Text Onto Skin in After Effects
on Mar 7, 2011 at 4:03:55 pm

Hmmm, without Mocha I think that would be tough. Notice how even though the guy didn't move, his chest muscle did?
Using displacement mapping can get a layer to lay over another. If you have CS4, mocha should have come with it. Take a look at this tutorial by Mathias Mohl. I think it's exactly what you're looking for:

http://www.mamoworld.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=82%3A...

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Mar 7, 2011 at 9:15:37 pm

My advice is to draw tracking crosses under the area where the text is when you shoot the move. Film the portion of the skin straight on as much as possible, "flatten" it and create a patch on which you can animate the text wipe, track and apply corner pin on the patch and then adjust with a distortion tool like Mesh Warp. I am afraid that without Mocha it will be really hard though.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Mar 10, 2011 at 10:06:52 pm

I have to disagree with you guys, for those "almost" still shots and so few displacement on the bodies. A simple tracking plus some frame to frame retouching on the warps would suffice and it would be faster. Even on the low res video you can notice when the displace looks a bit unreal. For that kinda match, I woulden't be very scared.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]