move camera along a stroke?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve white
move camera along a stroke?
on Mar 6, 2011 at 1:09:43 pm

Hi All

I would like to copy this effect

But not sure how to start i have very limited knowledge of AE but have managed to make a background and two objects to fly from and too.

I would be greatful for any help

yours Stephen White

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
Re: move camera along a stroke?
on Mar 6, 2011 at 11:03:05 pm

Assuming you already know how to do the stroke effect, one way to get the camera to follow is to create a 3D null then copy paste the mask path from the stroke layer to the null's position property. Then parent the camera to the null. This way the null will move the camera along the path and you can still control the camera's position independently. You may also want to turn off auto-orientation for the camera.

Return to posts index

steve white
on Mar 7, 2011 at 12:29:25 pm

Thank you Erik

No Not sure how to make a stroke but i,m sure theres a tut on the net someware.Think it involves the pen tool.But how do you move the last point into 3d space where the second target is?

yours Stephen White

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
on Mar 7, 2011 at 6:07:53 pm

Unfortunately, it's not possible to actually create a 3D path (except for motion paths like camera or light position), the path is restricted to the plane of the 2D layer it's drawn on. The 3D stroke effect (a paid plug-in) can fake it but you don't have precise control over the path. In the example you posted it looks like you could just make the layer that the stroke is drawn on a 3D layer and then just rotate it on the Y axis so the end points hit the targets. At least, that's what I would do.

Return to posts index

steve white
on Mar 7, 2011 at 8:04:45 pm

Ok Thanks once more Erik i,ll look into it and post my results

yours Stephen White.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]