ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Elements Disappear from Project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will EcclestonElements Disappear from Project
by on Mar 5, 2011 at 5:39:56 pm

On at least 2 different machines, both Mac OS 10.6, AE CS5, and in multiple projects, elements that I create in After Effects are disappearing from the project. Solids, Adjustment Layers, etc. I'll use them in a timeline, then save and close the project, then reopen it later, and they've vanished. Not in the Timeline, not in the Browser, just gone from the project. It's unbelievably maddening.

I can go back through the autosaves and find a version that still has them, but this is generally unhelpful, because it's usually possible to work for hours in a timeline without knowing they're gone. This really sucks.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Any help appreciated.

Will Eccleston
Kinetiscape Films

Return to posts index

Will EcclestonRe: Elements Disappear from Project
by on Mar 5, 2011 at 5:53:43 pm

Actually, I just figured it out. I'm using Popcorn Island's "FCPtoAE" script, which until this very moment I loved. Just realized that when I import an XML file using the script, it hoses certain elements from my AE project. Weird.

Workaround: Start a new AE Project. Import your new elements from FCP. Save Project. Open your Original Project. Pull the New Elements AE Project into the Original Project. A lot less of a hassle than it sounds like, and totally worth it.

I will contact the folks at Popcorn Island about the issue...

Will Eccleston
Kinetiscape Films

Return to posts index

Tom DurhamRe: Elements Disappear from Project
by on Jul 26, 2011 at 3:06:42 am

Thanks for the reply on this, Will. I was having the same problem. It would have taken me a LONG time to figure out it was the script. Thank goodness for autosave. Love the script... will use the workaround.

================================================
YOU can help save TimeSpace. Join the Chronos Protectorate!

http://www.95ers.com
http://www.SpaceAceMedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]