ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Elements Disappear from Project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will EcclestonElements Disappear from Project
by on Mar 5, 2011 at 5:39:56 pm

On at least 2 different machines, both Mac OS 10.6, AE CS5, and in multiple projects, elements that I create in After Effects are disappearing from the project. Solids, Adjustment Layers, etc. I'll use them in a timeline, then save and close the project, then reopen it later, and they've vanished. Not in the Timeline, not in the Browser, just gone from the project. It's unbelievably maddening.

I can go back through the autosaves and find a version that still has them, but this is generally unhelpful, because it's usually possible to work for hours in a timeline without knowing they're gone. This really sucks.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Any help appreciated.

Will Eccleston
Kinetiscape Films

Return to posts index

Will EcclestonRe: Elements Disappear from Project
by on Mar 5, 2011 at 5:53:43 pm

Actually, I just figured it out. I'm using Popcorn Island's "FCPtoAE" script, which until this very moment I loved. Just realized that when I import an XML file using the script, it hoses certain elements from my AE project. Weird.

Workaround: Start a new AE Project. Import your new elements from FCP. Save Project. Open your Original Project. Pull the New Elements AE Project into the Original Project. A lot less of a hassle than it sounds like, and totally worth it.

I will contact the folks at Popcorn Island about the issue...

Will Eccleston
Kinetiscape Films

Return to posts index

Tom DurhamRe: Elements Disappear from Project
by on Jul 26, 2011 at 3:06:42 am

Thanks for the reply on this, Will. I was having the same problem. It would have taken me a LONG time to figure out it was the script. Thank goodness for autosave. Love the script... will use the workaround.

YOU can help save TimeSpace. Join the Chronos Protectorate!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved