ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Render Output: Specify Frame Numbers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam PrusRender Output: Specify Frame Numbers
by on Mar 3, 2011 at 4:40:58 pm

Hi all,

I have a simple question that I cannot find the answer to. Is it possible to setup the render output module for rendering an image sequence that names the frame numbers sequentially starting from a number other than 1?

Example: I need to fix frames 166-250 of a 3DS Max render and render the composition so it has the same frame numbers of 166-250? I know I can just adjust the composition and layers so that the render starts at frame 166, but I was wondering if there was any way of modifying the filename output module settings to do this automatically without readjusting the comp.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: Render Output: Specify Frame Numbers
by on Mar 3, 2011 at 7:50:37 pm

I'm unaware of a way to do it within AE.

I usually just render it out as w/e sequence name I want and then use another software such as ACDsee to batch rename it...

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Render Output: Specify Frame Numbers
by on Mar 4, 2011 at 1:26:36 am

[Sam Prus] "I have a simple question that I cannot find the answer to. Is it possible to setup the render output module for rendering an image sequence that names the frame numbers sequentially starting from a number other than 1?"

I don't think you can do this within the output module -- but you can simply change the Start Frame in the comp's Composition Settings (Cmd-K on a Mac, Ctrl-K on Windows, or Composition > Composition Settings...). When you render, it will number images in the sequence starting with the new start frame value instead of 0.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Jon BaggeRe: Render Output: Specify Frame Numbers
by on Mar 6, 2011 at 1:24:56 am

In the Output Module settings when you have an image sequence module open, unselect the 'Use Comp Frame Number' button. This will allow you to set the starting frame number.
It will still render whatever selection you've set in the Render settings.

--------------
http://www.jonbagge.net
Jon Bagge - Editor - London, UK
Avid - FCP - After Effects

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]