ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Colour and brightness editing of footage from 2 different cameras to match

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Bickers
Colour and brightness editing of footage from 2 different cameras to match
on Mar 3, 2011 at 3:45:01 pm

Recently i filmed some footage from two different cameras. I made the mistake of setting one up with the shutter speed of 1/30 which is fine but the other one with 1/200. Because of this the footage on the 2nd camera has come out fairly dark as i was shooting inside. I wondered if anyone here could give me some advice on editing the footage from two cameras to match

Thanks very much

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Colour and brightness editing of footage from 2 different cameras to match
on Mar 3, 2011 at 4:08:16 pm

You will need some color correction for both cameras. Bring the lighter clip a bit down and the darker up. Color finesse or Colorista can help, but regular AE plugins like Levels, Curves or Hue and Saturation can be of use as well. Since your darker footage will probably look noisy, you may want to ad some noise to the lighter one. Best way to deal with this in my opinion is to define a new look for the footage involving heavy color grading that can be achieved on both sources and thus hide the initial difference.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Jason Bickers
Re: Colour and brightness editing of footage from 2 different cameras to match
on Mar 4, 2011 at 10:24:53 pm

Hi Ive experimented with these settings a little bit i didnt think to try and darken the lighter footage so i'll give that ago. However when i adjust colour correction and lighting settings on the dark footage to brighten it up it becomes very apparant that theres is flickering and changes in the light that are unnoticable before editing it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]