ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Mac Expose and Spaces functionality

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul BastinMac Expose and Spaces functionality
by on Mar 2, 2011 at 8:36:30 pm

I'm a big Spaces fan with working on a Mac, since I often have FCP/Photoshop/Illustrator and AE open at the same time. I am working with two computer screens, so I have two main AE windows open to manage my project, one on each screen. But when I hit my function key to enable Spaces, and go to another app that is open on one of the other "Spaces", the second AE window follows, and goes to that space. I then have to drag it back to the Space assigned for AE. Has anyone had this issue, and does anyone have a solution. I have even trouble shooted with our IT guy at work, and to no avail, no solution. Running CS5 on a G5 Mac Pro, running OSX 10.6.6.
Thanks for any advice,
Paul

Paul Bastin
Editor, Film Maker, Photographer

Return to posts index

Craig WallRe: Mac Expose and Spaces functionality
by on Mar 3, 2011 at 3:53:07 am

Adobe has some very curious issues with windows/palettes. My hunch is that they don't always comply to Apple's guidelines.

This show up in all their applications. Just today I was finding that some of Photoshop palettes had been shifted half off-screen and I could not be accessed. I had to trash my saved layout.

All I can say is: I share the pain.

Life is full of funny particles.

Return to posts index

Paul BastinRe: Mac Expose and Spaces functionality
by on Mar 3, 2011 at 3:53:56 pm

What's interesting is that it doesn't happen on other systems that i work on. Very annoying indeed, as spaces (from what I have found is not that used amongst other people I know), is a huge time saver.

Paul Bastin

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Mac Expose and Spaces functionality
by on Mar 4, 2011 at 9:45:51 pm

i think you'd need to have your fcp and ae defined in the same 'space' (like space 2).

to toggle between fcp and ae, use command-tab.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Paul BastinRe: Mac Expose and Spaces functionality
by on Mar 5, 2011 at 10:27:42 pm

Doesn't make any difference. Happens when FCP is running or not, in space 2 or any other space assignment. short of reinstalling everything, i don't think anything will work.

Paul Bastin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]