ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Does AME interpet AE interlaced composition correctly?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ninetto makavejev
Does AME interpet AE interlaced composition correctly?
on Mar 2, 2011 at 8:27:52 pm

Hi, I am wondering how to force AME (media encoder)to recognize that the source AE-composition is separate-fields and should be rendered interlaced (fields).

When I import an AE-composition into AME via dynamic-link, it always shows up as a "progressive" source. It this just a cosmetic problem? Because it seems that if I then encode in AME as interlaced (upper first) the result seems correct. But I would like to know for sure: is there some setting I am missing in AE or AME?

best,
Ninetto

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Does AME interpet AE interlaced composition correctly?
on Mar 2, 2011 at 10:44:47 pm

A quick search on Adobe Media Encoder's Online Help reveals the following after searching for the term "field order":
http://community.adobe.com/help/search.html?q=field%20order&hl=en_US&lr=en_...

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

ninetto makavejev
on Mar 3, 2011 at 9:59:11 am

Thanks Dave, this is the one I was looking for:

When Adobe Media Encoder imports a video asset, it attempts to determine the pixel aspect ratio, frame rate, and field order for that asset, as well as how to interpret the alpha channel (transparency) information. If Adobe Media Encoder is wrong about any of these characteristics, you can explicitly assign the correct interpretation.

Select one or more items in the encoding queue.

Choose File > Interpret Footage.

Choose the appropriate interpretation settings.

Using AME with dynamic link to AE has proven to be much more stable than exporting bizarre formats directly from AE. That is after learning one of Dave's golden rules

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/202/887079

of always exporting uncompressed. It is just sometimes space/time demands a minor short-cut and the dynamic-link seems to be exactly that.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 3, 2011 at 11:44:05 pm

I'm glad Dynamic Link works for you. Perhaps that little snippet of software has a future in it after all!

I'm not so optimistic about Adobe Bridge; sometimes that thing just goes weird on me.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]