ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

SD to HD resizing

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter GroomSD to HD resizing
by on Mar 2, 2011 at 7:06:07 pm

HI all. 1st time here on the After effects forum, but Im a regular poster on the audio professionals forum, so go easy on me please.

Ive made an after effects composition that is 720x576 PAL. It has text layers AND and a layer with particular on it and 3d camera moves so we appear to fly through the particles and the text flies by too!

Id like to make my next video in HD in AVID MC5.

I thought as there are no imported video or picture files in the composition, I could merely change the composition settings to 1920x1080 and this would work for HD, But Im finding when I do this the text layers are re sized OK but the particular layer stays small, and therefore in the newly rendered file the particles exists only in a centred rectangle in the screen centre. This hasnt re sized with the text layers.

Can someone point me in the right direction to re size everything.

Is AE 7.0 on a pc if that matters

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: SD to HD resizing
by on Mar 2, 2011 at 7:35:58 pm

Check File > Scripts to see if you have Scale Comp. That's what you need. If you don't see it, look in the AE application's Scripts folder and see if there is a subfolder called Demos (that's where it was in CS3). If it's in there, drag it to the main Scripts folder and restart.
This should accomplish exactly what you want.

Joey Foreman
Editor/Compositor/VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved