ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

question about lens distorition?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leo Lagerwallquestion about lens distorition?
by on Feb 28, 2011 at 11:23:26 pm

Hi everyone , I need to create a effect similar to the lens -light blur distoritions in this clip -->

- Anyone who knows any good plug-in or lens distortion technique tutorial for After effects?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Eddy RoseRe: question about lens distorition?
by on Feb 28, 2011 at 11:40:59 pm

hmmmmm well getting that exact effect is gonna be tricky you will prolly have you use multiple layers and more than one technique.

I'd say you sound DEFINITELY look into Video Copilot's Optical Flares. They have a ton of insanely customizable lens flares you could use to make those long streaks and fat hotspots.
(However don't forget that over still footage all your lens flares will be stationary so you will need move them around a bit or add a camera to look convincing.)

You'll also want to have streaky light coming OUT of the luminance of your footage (the bright places like the guy's face, the lights in the back etc.). For that I can think of two things: 1.) Use a plugin like Trapcode Starglow, set it to luma, and set it to just produce vertical streaks (SG does does h&v streaks by default). 2.)If you're poor you can try duplicating your layer, setting the vertical scale of the top copy through the roof, and setting the transfer mode of the top layer to something like screen. Yo'll prolly have to do alot of tinkering with the second option (levels etc.) but it's worth a shot.

Return to posts index

Leo LagerwallRe: question about lens distorition?
by on Mar 1, 2011 at 12:02:42 am

Thank you so much for the quick answer...Right now Im experimenting with different kind layers and overlay effects... Im adding some directional blur and trying to smooth the overlaying layers with some masks.

If I succeed in doing some nice lighting effects I will post the material later on.

I will look into the plugin you suggested...

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Eddy RoseRe: question about lens distorition?
by on Mar 1, 2011 at 12:08:29 am

oo directional blurs,, good idea! Why didn't I think of that I love directional blurs! :P

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: question about lens distorition?
by on Mar 1, 2011 at 10:13:38 pm

For your blurs- try to key out the lighter areas of your image and then invert the mask, apply vertical blur and comp on top of your clip using blend modes like it was previously suggested.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]