ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Turn on 3d layer, turn everything off

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis WodeckiTurn on 3d layer, turn everything off
by on Feb 28, 2011 at 5:22:33 pm

I've looked all over and I can't find anything like this.
I spent all day creating and fine tuning this glorious comp with text flying in and off the screen. I was putting on the finishing touches this morning when I had to leave the room. When I came back in, my 3 year old was pushing buttons on my computer. It didn't look like anything had happened until I went back to watch the whole thing from the beginning. I have 30 or so layers, and in the areas where I have a 3d layer turned on nothing appears but the background color of my comp. In the areas where it's all 2d, everything works fine.
This is for a demo that I want to start sending out tomorrow so please tell me that this is an easy fix.

Thank you,
Wodecki

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: Turn on 3d layer, turn everything off
by on Feb 28, 2011 at 7:21:06 pm

A screenshot with the AE interface would be helpful, if you could post one. I'm guessing you didn't have Autosave enabled.

Joey Foreman
Editor/Compositor/VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: Turn on 3d layer, turn everything off
by on Feb 28, 2011 at 7:24:30 pm

IS draft 3D checked?

Return to posts index

Dennis WodeckiRe: Turn on 3d layer, turn everything off
by on Feb 28, 2011 at 7:43:10 pm

Like I replied up above^, I just restarted from last nights save. But to answer your question, I tried toggling 3D draft on and off with no results. Thank you for your reply.

Wodecki

Return to posts index

by on Feb 28, 2011 at 7:36:12 pm

Nope, no autosave. Hadn't saved since last night, but all of my finishing touches were minor relative to what I did yesterday. So I just re-did all of todays work. I'm still really curious as to what happened, but I can't get a screenshot anymore at this point. Sorry to take your time, but I do thank you for it.

Wodecki

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Turn on 3d layer, turn everything off
by on Feb 28, 2011 at 7:39:35 pm

Any chance he turned your camera in the wrong direction or changed to a custom view?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 28, 2011 at 7:47:06 pm

Hmm... maybe. I didn't think of that one. It would be pretty random, but that could have been it...

Wodecki

Return to posts index

Spencer TweedRe: Turn on 3d layer, turn everything off
by on Feb 28, 2011 at 9:48:04 pm

sorry if this is already answered below - I haven't looked through all of the posts yet.

I have freaked myself out because of this too - luckily it takes 2 seconds to fix. All you do is switch you AE viewer to "Active Camera" and presto! (if you hit escape it should toggle between that and whatever view you are looking through).

- Spencer

Return to posts index

Spencer TweedRe: Turn on 3d layer, turn everything off
by on Feb 28, 2011 at 9:49:34 pm

To elaborate further, you are probably just looking through a custom view and so don't see all of the 2D layers - just the 3D ones.

- Spencer

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: Turn on 3d layer, turn everything off
by on Mar 3, 2011 at 8:56:55 pm

To elaborate even further...

It happens when you accidentaly press the escape key... that got to be the most stupid keyboard shortcut EVER.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Turn on 3d layer, turn everything off
by on Mar 3, 2011 at 9:31:39 pm

I will have to disagree with you. I use the escape key to switch between camera views all the time while I'm setting up and animating 3d scenes in AE. For me it's very handy.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: Turn on 3d layer, turn everything off
by on Mar 3, 2011 at 10:00:26 pm

And I'll have to agree with you...to have a shortcut for it is very handy...

But that shortcut to be default on a key that usualy represents "cancel or deselect" and it changes something some AE users don't even use or know where it is, is still stupid imho.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]