ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Haunted Masks - 'Something' Happens!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex KuzelickiHaunted Masks - 'Something' Happens!
by on Feb 28, 2011 at 4:26:00 am

Hi there,

Computers never cease to amaze me, in just how many 'different' ways they can torture you :)

Anyway, I have a strange and different problem that has just started happening in the last two days - for no apparent reason. I was wondering if anyone out there might have experienced something similar and if they have a solution.

Basically, when I'm making a mask with the pen tool the mask will suddenly 'complete itself' before I have the chance to place the next point. I'll usually get a few points down before it starts happening but once it's started, making (for example) a ten-point mask takes about twenty attempts!

I'll put a point down, it will close itself off, I'll Undo and put the next point down, then another, which will close off the mask again and I need to Undo again... and so on.

As you can imagine this is SOOOOOOO frustrating. It's basically doubling the time it takes to make any mask whatsoever. Restarting After Effects only seems to help every now and then so 'something' goofy is going on.

Can anyone help?

Thanks kindly in advance.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Haunted Masks - 'Something' Happens!
by on Feb 28, 2011 at 7:34:00 am

Working with a pen can get frustrating sometimes, especially when you're tired. I had similar symptoms when the sensitivity of the pen was set too high, when I accidentally set the double click wrong or when I turned the pen upside down... like I said, I was tired. Check to see if the same happens when you try to use a mouse. If that's not the case then you'll know it's your pen.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Alex KuzelickiRe: Haunted Masks - 'Something' Happens!
by on Feb 28, 2011 at 10:29:52 am

Thanks for the reply, Ted.

I hadn't thought that it might be my Pen sensitivity somehow getting goofed up.

Will do some tests with and without.

Thanks for the idea.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved