ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Basic 3d compositing problem...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
zx wangBasic 3d compositing problem...
by on Feb 27, 2011 at 4:31:07 am

Hey,guys. I'm working on a small project these days with 3d compositing in AE but get stuck.

I shot some small boxs on the table (with green screen under the objects)using some smooth camera movements just tilt and pan.

Now, in the AE, keying is OK. I wanna use another image for the 'table cloth'. I tracked the small boxs and create a null object, and parent the new 'table cloth' to the null obj. I found that the new'table cloth' do move with the small objects, but it doesn't change the scale as the small boxs does.So it looks bad.

And I'm not sure whether it is the correct way to composit a background with original green-screened videos.
Any idea, how to solve it?

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Basic 3d compositing problem...
by on Feb 27, 2011 at 12:55:13 pm

Mocha Tracking allows for a Corner Pin Export which will be best suited for this kind of project. I think this can work for the table cloth since it is basically a square object. However, if that does not work, you may need a 3d tracker- like camera Tracker from the Foundry, or Boujou, that will allow for a true 3d track and then you can position a 3d textured layer for your table cloth.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

zx wangRe: Basic 3d compositing problem...
by on Feb 27, 2011 at 1:01:53 pm

Thank you, Ted!

Return to posts index

Chris ButtacoliRe: Basic 3d compositing problem...
by on Feb 27, 2011 at 5:56:03 pm

However, there should be no scale influence from a 2d pan or tilt. Basic AE or Mocha tracking should suffice. The boxes and the new BG need to share the same perspective is all. But, if you actually moved the camera in 3d space then a 3d tracker will probably be neccessary to get the shot spot on.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved