ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Vintage AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Looft
Vintage AE
on Feb 26, 2011 at 8:25:17 pm

I am now the proud owner of a gently used PowerMac 9600 running System 7.6.1! I am looking to trick out this hot hardware with the best 1997 technology I can get my hands on including After Effects of course. I think that would be After Effects 3.1 if I'm not mistaken.

So does anyone out there have some old AE floppies laying around that they are willing to part with?

Thanks.
Gary

Return to posts index

David Johnson
Re: Vintage AE
on Feb 27, 2011 at 3:45:11 pm

Surely you wouldn't be asking someone on the COW to give you unlicensed software so your best bet will be to contact Adobe. Of course you'll first have to listen to all the reasons you should buy CS5 instead, but they can definitely provide very old versions like that ... provided you already own a license since it seem very unlikely they'd sell you a license for AE 3.1 at this point.

Return to posts index

Chris Buttacoli
on Feb 27, 2011 at 6:20:59 pm

I don't see why purchasing an old version of AE from someone should be illegal. Making copies would be, I understand.

Then again, I never really read the ostentatious agreements with any software. I just click the "I agree" and install! :)

Return to posts index

David Johnson
on Feb 27, 2011 at 6:26:52 pm

[Chris Buttacoli] "I don't see why purchasing an old version of AE from someone should be illegal. Making copies would be, I understand."

You're absolutely right, Chris, it isn't illegal to purchase software from someone ... it sounded to me like Gary was asking for someone to just give him AE 3.1 discs, but perhaps I was overzealous in suggesting that the best approach might be to ensure that a legit copy is being purchased, which getting from Adobe would leave no doubt of.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]