ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

dreded nested comps

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Heather Crank
dreded nested comps
on Feb 25, 2011 at 12:34:33 am

Hellllooo Everyone,

I have several scenes that are animated vectors. These scenes are precomped. I then nested the precomped scenes into a final comp. The nested precomps in the final comp are all 3-d.

I've been looking around and reading all the posts on nested comps. So I just want to confirm that lights and cameras do not translate in nested comps when the collapse transformation button is checked. If I do not check the collapse transformations button, the vectors look blurry.

Thanks!

H

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: dreaded nested comps
on Feb 25, 2011 at 3:07:18 pm

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand your question. Are you asking if lights inside your precomps will effect other things in your main comp or are you asking if lights in your main comp will effect the vectors once you check the box?
What are you trying to do? What are you doing to achieve that? What is it doing that's different from what you were trying?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Heather Crank
on Feb 25, 2011 at 5:47:40 pm

ok, sorry to be unclear. Yes, I have lights in a nested precomp (this is a vector animation). When I click on the collapse transformations button in the main comp, the nested precom's lights disappear. I'm guessing that I need to keep all lights in the main comp?

Hope that makes more sense!

H

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 25, 2011 at 7:52:24 pm

[Heather Crank] "I'm guessing that I need to keep all lights in the main comp? "

Yup, that's how to do it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Heather Crank
on Feb 25, 2011 at 7:59:47 pm

ahhh, thank you! I have finally figured this out!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]