ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

text TV distort

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jaidev Goswamitext TV distort
by on Feb 24, 2011 at 9:28:03 am

Hello, this is my first post @ CC....

I have succesfully created a holographic text but i also want to give it a distort effect as seen in the film THE RING (in the word Dreamworks)...as if the transmission is bad(coming and going)...often seen in sci-fi movies...hope u understand...

thanx in advance.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: text TV distort
by on Feb 24, 2011 at 2:17:48 pm

Red Giant has a plugin for bad tv stuff, you might also look into Twitch from Video Copilot. That sounds exactly like what you want.
Or you could use a combination of various built in distort effects in AE.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: text TV distort
by on Feb 24, 2011 at 4:20:30 pm

with ae's bundled effect you might look at these:

• turbulent displace - try setting displacement type: horizontal, decrease the 'size' and animate the evolutions for starters.
  • roughen edges - try edge type: 'spikey', stretch the width and animate the evolutions.
  • displacement map - you'll need to create a layer map to use with it, maybe try some sort of animated horizontal lines or stretched out fractal noise for the layer map. to work with the displacement map effect, the layer map will need any effect applied to it in a pre-comp, as any compound effect would.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Jaidev GoswamiRe: text TV distort
by on Feb 25, 2011 at 11:04:48 am

Thanx kevin....will give it a try.

Return to posts index

Jaidev GoswamiRe: text TV distort
by on Feb 25, 2011 at 10:59:56 am

Thanks Michael but the criterion is to make it without using any 3rd party plugs....neways thanx for sharing the info.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]