ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Very strange pre-conp time issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Orrin ZuckerVery strange pre-conp time issue
by on Feb 23, 2011 at 11:54:55 pm

Got a head scratcher.

I imported a c4d project of a cell phone turning into AE CS5. I subbed out a plane for a piece of video, so the video is now on the cell phone. It works great.

I pre-comp that and now when I step through it, the video goes off time and doesn't stick the the phone anymore - it's off by a couple frames. I go back to the the pre-comp and it's perfect.

I went back and changed all the plane tracking keyframes from linear to holds thinking there might be something inbetween thats causing it, but did no good. Other similar files seem fine, but this one is different.

I could probably pre-render the pre-comp and it would all work out, but I'd rather not.

Any ideas? No time re-mapping is involved. Much thanks..

Return to posts index

Angie TaylorRe: Very strange pre-conp time issue
by on Feb 24, 2011 at 9:03:23 am

Hi there,

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that the frame rate for the comps may be different and should be the same? Also, Collapsing Transformations may cause some issues if there are further timing changes in the parent comp?

Hope this helps,

Angie Taylor animation & illustration for television, film, web and devices
Twitter: theangietaylor
Linkedin: theangietaylor

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Very strange pre-conp time issue
by on Feb 26, 2011 at 3:48:31 am

Make sure your comp frame rates match your source sequences. Most likely this means 30 fps although you can change the interpretation of the sequences to match the comps if you like. Just make sure they all match!

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Orrin ZuckerRe: Very strange pre-conp time issue
by on Feb 26, 2011 at 4:01:53 am

That did it- one was 30, the other 29.97.

Much thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved