ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Render is way different than what is seen inside AE.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris BryantRender is way different than what is seen inside AE.
by on Feb 23, 2011 at 4:44:59 am

Doing a spot for my university and when I view the comp in After Effects it looks way different than what renders out. Below is a link of how they look side by side. Would anyone have any ideas as to why this might be occuring?

http://img6.imageshack.us/i/whywouldyoudothistome.jpg/

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Render is way different than what is seen inside AE.
by on Feb 23, 2011 at 8:57:43 am

One thing that can generate that kind of difference is the codec you use to render. What color depth are you working on 8, 16 or 32 bit? What codec do you use? If you render with an uncompressed codec, is the difference still there?

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Chris BryantRe: Render is way different than what is seen inside AE.
by on Feb 23, 2011 at 3:46:19 pm

Thanks for the response! I'm working in 32bit and rendering with Photo - JPEG at 90 quality. I did a render with a uncompressed codec and it was the same. I realized later that I had my camera set to 'Front' instead of 'Active Camera' I was in a top view earlier and I thought I had set it back, I guess that I clicked the one next to Active Camera giving me the different renders.

Thanks for the response again!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Render is way different than what is seen inside AE.
by on Feb 23, 2011 at 4:06:19 pm

Sadly, AE 10 is not without its problems. If you haven't yet updated to AE 10.0.1 (or later), go to Help>Update and tend to that right away. Furthermore, AE 10 is a 64-bit application but Quicktime remains 32-bit, which can cause some grief:
http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2011/02/troubleshooting-quicktime-errors...

Your problem may not be quite as convoluted as that. It probably isn't. I simply see a gamma mismatch, and there's a setting in the Quicktime viewer to fix that.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]