ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Animating two words at once using bsed on word

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Henderson
Animating two words at once using bsed on word
on Feb 23, 2011 at 12:36:33 am

I have great animated text but I want to fly two words on the screen at once for this. Eg. Carpet - Air Duct - Chimney Cleaning. I would like to animate Carpet, then "Air Duct", and lastly "Chimney Cleaning"...

Return to posts index

Joey Foreman
Re: Animating two words at once using bsed on word
on Feb 23, 2011 at 4:03:49 am

Maybe for Chimney Cleaning there can be vintage drawing or woodcut of a chimney sweep in a top hat.

Joey Foreman
Editor/Compositor/VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Jason Mettler
on Feb 23, 2011 at 4:48:37 am

If you're looking for inspiration for animating there's nothing better than using the words literally. Carpet - flying carpet; air duct - words blow in; Chimney - words reveal in a puff of smoke

??

:)

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Feb 23, 2011 at 6:01:36 pm

are you using a text animation preset or text animators?

if so, twirl down the text layer's properties... there is a setting in 'more options' for 'anchor point grouping' and another in animator>range selector>advanced called 'based on' that both give you options to define either grouping or selection based on characters, words and lines.

my assumptions is that one or both need to be set to 'lines' to get the effect you are after.

another option is to break them up into separate text layers and affect each individually using transform properties.

also, it might help to know which preset was used, or what the text animator is doing... if that is what you are using.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]