<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Ghast
Why?
on Feb 22, 2011 at 6:37:27 am

Return to posts index

Cory Petkovsek
Re: Why?
on Feb 22, 2011 at 7:00:00 am

Maybe you are bumping into the maximum resolution for vp6 or flv.
Cory

--
Cory Petkovsek
Corporate Video

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 22, 2011 at 4:25:10 pm

I also see a bogus frame rate: there's no such thing as 23.98. There's 23.976, and 23.98 is just a nickname for it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

David Ghast
on Feb 23, 2011 at 12:52:07 am

Theres no actual max limitation of vp6, and 23.98 is just how media encoder shorthands 23.976.

I dont get why no one ever just says "hey, we all know it, adobe products are like dog shit, full of bugs and always more coming out." For once i'd like adobe to publicly apologize for its software and the headaches it has caused so many people.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 23, 2011 at 4:21:36 pm

Well, the grass isn't any greener on the other side, I'll tell you that. Users of Apple's Final Cut Suite software also have their vehement gripes; it just happens to be a different set of problems.

But take hope: there is one company whose products work as billed. Check out Autodesk's Flame.

Just be prepared for a mind-numbing price tag -- think five figures easy, perhaps even six -- for both the software and the hardware. You have to use the hardware THEY dictate.

Want to run less-pricey software on a less pricey, off-the-shelf computer? Well, you pays your money and takes your chance.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Feb 23, 2011 at 8:01:17 pm

My AE cs5 says

"Output file will be resized from 1080 X 1100 (1,00 PAR) to 1080 X 1080 (1,00 PAR) to meet format constraints."

So I guess it's a codec limitation and not a software bug.

Return to posts index

David Ghast
on Feb 24, 2011 at 12:53:17 am

Your right, it does have a cap. Luckily flash lets me work around that arbitrary limitation.

Dave, while i dont agree with autodesks price, they did make a good decision on making the system turnkey, thats really the only way a company can guarantee a solid solution, so i guess i shouldnt be so hard on adobe, but still, if im using CS5 on win7 on intel/nvidia hardware, theres really not a whole lot of variables left to consider, especially given that they probably have alot more resources than autodesk to make it work on what is essentially a standardized system.

No worries though, someone will come along eventually and beat the A's at their own game.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]