ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Shatter Effect Explode Together

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nolan Beguhl
Shatter Effect Explode Together
on Feb 21, 2011 at 1:56:21 am

When the pieces explode, they're exploding individually, but I want them to explode all at the same time. How is this done?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Shatter Effect Explode Together
on Feb 21, 2011 at 3:20:54 pm

In regards to your two questions, check out this tutorial: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/unguren_ben/shatter.php

It's a bit old, but should help you out considerably.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

Return to posts index

Nolan Beguhl
on Feb 21, 2011 at 6:13:10 pm

Are you suggesting to use the ramp effect to make all the pieces fall inward together? I thought there might be an easier way of doing this--a quick adjustment of the settings.

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Feb 21, 2011 at 6:42:49 pm

if you are using the basic force(s) within the effect, then you can set the size of the force(s) to be large enough to explode the entire layer, if that is what you need.

another setting to work with is the position of the force(s). the force(s) are spherical, so positioning them so a full sphere effects the whole layer, versus just a part of a sphere will effect the layer differently. also, positioning a force in front of the layer will cause the pieces to move backwards, which is what i think you are trying to do.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Nolan Beguhl
on Feb 21, 2011 at 8:27:11 pm

Woah, great. Thanks man. Also, how do I slow down the initial shattering. My shatter seems to explode quickly and then slow down. How do I make it shatter at the same speed?

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Feb 21, 2011 at 8:31:34 pm

initial shatter 'speed' would be controlled by the strength property of the force.

the decay, or lack of, would be controlled by physics>viscosity -- zero should be no decay.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]