ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tom drakerendering
by on Feb 19, 2011 at 1:37:01 pm

New to this forum and fairly new to AAE, but i was just wondering..
Depending on what computer you use to edit, does it effect the quality of the video I choose after its rendered?

Because a friend on youtube gave me his render settings that he uses for his videos and they are really good (HD). But when i render my video's with his settings, my quality is really bad :'(

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: rendering
by on Feb 19, 2011 at 7:22:34 pm

The quality of your render is not determined by the machine but by the codecs and the software you use. A computer may be slower than another depending on processor/cores/speed and RAM. For encoding video for the web use Adobe Media Encoder or other packages like Xilisoft. Render from AE uncompressed and then compres for web.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Craig WallRe: rendering
by on Feb 19, 2011 at 11:49:02 pm

No the CPU doesn't make a difference in how attractive the render is. It's the software settings and the craft that make something more attractive.

There is either something else missing in the equation when you render...maybe some post color grading...

Alternatively...perhaps you are comparing the quality of the image based on different monitors? For instance, did you look at his work on a beautiful new LED monitor, and compare it to your work that you are viewing on an older, drabber monitor?

Life is full of funny particles.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved