ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How to put text ABOVE a video?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andre AugustsonHow to put text ABOVE a video?
by on Feb 17, 2011 at 11:39:31 pm

Not sure if this is the right place to post in, but I'd like to add a text on my video saying like "Created for:". But I don't want to render the video file again. Something like Youtubes annotations that come up.

Basicaly I want to add text without rendering the entire video, like an above layer or something.

Thanks for any help, kind regards Andre

Return to posts index

Robert HoisanRe: How to put text ABOVE a video?
by on Feb 18, 2011 at 12:21:52 am

A i understand you want to have some text to show up on a video? You cannot have this unless you render the hole thing again.

But it should work faster if you have the video rendered already.

Robert Hoisan
Motion Graphics Artist

Return to posts index

Jason BrownRe: How to put text ABOVE a video?
by on Feb 18, 2011 at 12:24:45 am

What u want is a watermark...most compression programs allow u to add watermarks, but u will have to re-compress the video, even if using the same codec, size, bit-rate.

Return to posts index

Cory PetkovsekRe: How to put text ABOVE a video?
by on Feb 18, 2011 at 7:18:06 am

Had you rendered to an intermediate codec you could have added a text layer to your master and rendered at only the time to render copied video without having to render a complex composition. Since you need to rerender again, you should consider rendering a master to an intermediate so you can add watermarks, titles, or do whatever later.

You could do this with your delivery codec file, but the final render will be lower quality than rendering a master to an intermediate.

Cory Petkovsek
Corporate Video

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved