ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Relinking in CS5 no good...cont. Todd Kopriva i need YOU

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eric peschel
Relinking in CS5 no good...cont. Todd Kopriva i need YOU
on Feb 16, 2011 at 9:54:44 pm

Todd this is a follow up from last week about relinking missing footage in AE CS5.
I'm in CS5 AE v10.0.1.19 on a mac

We are having problems when switching between platforms. that's when the unlinking occurs.

I just tried putting one of the missing files loose in our library and relinking that.
I thought that if a relinked file was at the top of the folder hierarchy all other files would be found.
not the case.

I can't believe we are the only ones coming across this problem.
any ideas for a fix? besides collecting all files as Micajah Smithson suggested.

thanks

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Relinking in CS5 no good...cont. Todd Kopriva i need YOU
on Feb 17, 2011 at 5:40:51 am

There are some suggestions here regarding paths and such. See if anything there helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

eric peschel
on Feb 17, 2011 at 7:14:56 pm

thanks. i'll look into it

Return to posts index

eric peschel
on Feb 17, 2011 at 8:02:54 pm

I think to clarify...we can relink any footage that is on the SAME VOLUME as our project file. In our facility we have an additional network server share that contains library files that can be re-used between projects. On our previous version CS3 we could locate one missing footage file on that server as well and all additional footage files could then be automatically relinked from there too. It appears something has changed in this ability with other server shares.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Feb 17, 2011 at 8:11:32 pm

If something has changed for the worse from one version to the next, it's definitely a good idea to submit a bug report.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]