ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Encoding a XVID file in AE CS5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raul Bastos
Encoding a XVID file in AE CS5
on Feb 15, 2011 at 1:44:18 pm

Hi there,
I always worked with AE CS4 in Windos XP 32 bits, but now im working with AE CS5 in Windows Vista 64bits.
I used to encode my videos using the XVID codec because of the good quality + small file size, but on CS5 this option is missing...=(
I´ve tried installing K-lite 64 bits pack, only the Xvid codec, but nothing seems to work...
Could someone help me?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Encoding a XVID file in AE CS5
on Feb 15, 2011 at 4:05:49 pm

Get that K-lite thing off your machine RIGHT NOW. It doesn't work in AE 10. It's harmful to AE 10. Don't protest or complain about it, just get it off. Do it.

Because AE 10 is a 64-bit application, and many popular codecs are still 32-bit, not all the export features will work the way they did before. Believe me, people at Adobe wanted them to work, but they just don't.

Until some of these other codecs catch up with Adobe, you'll have to change your workflow and use a compression application of some sort to make your Xvid files.

I'm not sure if Vista is the operating system you want to use. I don't know if it's even recommended to use with AE 10. You could check the system requirements on the Adobe web site and find out for sure. I, for one, think you ought to go with Windows 7 instead.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Raul Bastos
on Feb 15, 2011 at 4:28:52 pm

Wow, i got it off already!lol
Thanks for the reply and damn I´m dumb, im using Windows 7(dont know why I wrote Vista..haha)
So, is there any onther way to render my videos in AE to keep quality/size or I really need to try another application?
Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 15, 2011 at 4:42:56 pm

[Raul Bastos] "I really need to try another application?"

Yes, you do. Render a high-quality file in AE, and use something like Sorenson Squeeze or Adobe Media Encoder to convert it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

John tolliver
on Apr 13, 2011 at 5:27:58 pm

Ok, so there are clearly issues with xvid and CS5. I have found a solution that keeps the program from freezing up while rendering out a single pass AVI (we use them when rendering short static videos).

In the options for the xvid codec: There is a button for "other options", under the encoding tab, you must uncheck "Display Encoding Status" When that is unchecked, our AE renders fine.

John

Return to posts index

Tomas Bio
on Jul 29, 2011 at 8:06:29 am

Thank you!!! WORKS! "Display Encoding Status" turned off and renders fine!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]