ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CC Particle World , ALTERNATIVE?!!! Way of completing Andrew Kramer's "Ancient Title" Tutorial.!!!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke JinCC Particle World , ALTERNATIVE?!!! Way of completing Andrew Kramer's "Ancient Title" Tutorial.!!!
by on Feb 12, 2011 at 9:28:04 pm

Hi guys,

basically i need to create the Video Copilot Tutorial

------ http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorial/ancient_titles/ -----

For a Film i am making , i desperately need to simulate the exact effect on this title sequence. BUT as many people do i have problems with CC Particle World. I didnt have it to begin with , i downloaded the trial and YES i have the Green X thing. GRRRR!

Does anybody know what alternative way i could use to complete the particle effect in the Ancient Title Tutorial!

THANKS IN advance , Its URGENT!

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: CC Particle World , ALTERNATIVE?!!! Way of completing Andrew Kramer's "Ancient Title" Tutorial.!!!
by on Feb 13, 2011 at 4:25:33 am

What version of AE are you using?

Joey Foreman
Editor/Compositor/VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Luke JinRe: CC Particle World , ALTERNATIVE?!!! Way of completing Andrew Kramer's "Ancient Title" Tutorial.!!!
by on Feb 13, 2011 at 8:32:19 am

I am Using cs5

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: CC Particle World , ALTERNATIVE?!!! Way of completing Andrew Kramer's "Ancient Title" Tutorial.!!!
by on Feb 13, 2011 at 4:07:16 pm

But isn't CC Particle World bundled with CS5? Why would you have to download a trial?

Joey Foreman

Return to posts index

Luke JinRe: CC Particle World , ALTERNATIVE?!!! Way of completing Andrew Kramer's "Ancient Title" Tutorial.!!!
by on Feb 13, 2011 at 4:25:41 pm

It isnt bundled with AE CS5, it was with CS4 but not with CS5 .

Do you know any way i could simulate the effect? on The tutorial, Ancient Title" on VideoCopilot.net

I need to make that intro desperatley!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: CC Particle World , ALTERNATIVE?!!! Way of completing Andrew Kramer's "Ancient Title" Tutorial.!!!
by on Feb 14, 2011 at 2:43:12 pm

[Luke Jin] "It isnt bundled with AE CS5, it was with CS4 but not with CS5 ."

CC Particle World is bundled with AE CS5. Since it's a third-party effect, though, it is not included the AE CS5 trial.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

by on Feb 16, 2011 at 9:06:29 am

If you guys don want to help , then dont , but im telling you i dont have it.

So what can i do to resemble the effects in the tutorial mentioned above.

thanks

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: CC Particle World , ALTERNATIVE?!!! Way of completing Andrew Kramer's "Ancient Title" Tutorial.!!!
by on Feb 16, 2011 at 2:18:27 pm

[Luke Jin] "If you guys don want to help , then dont , but im telling you i dont have it."

I'm trying to help. If you are running the full licensed version of CS5, you should have CC Particle World. If you don't, you may have used the trial installer, and you should check with Adobe support about using the full installer instead.

If you are running the trial, buy a license.

[Luke Jin] "So what can i do to resemble the effects in the tutorial mentioned above."

The effect is generated by a particle system.

If you don't want to futz with a particle system, you might be to find a pre-rendered stock clip of particles that are doing what you want that you could blend into your comp instead of generating your own. Of course, you won't have any direct control over how the system works.

If you want control but you don't want to use a particle system, you could essentially build your own by hand with a couple hundred shape layers and maybe some expressions controlling their position.

CC Particle World is the "free" (bundled) particle system. You'll have to pay for anything else. Trapcode Particular is my particle system of choice. I have been using it for years, and I believe it's worth every penny.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

by on Feb 16, 2011 at 9:58:42 pm

Ok thanks man, ive got the liscence, its a genuine copy, bought as an upgrade from my CS4 software... and now nearly all my plugins have adopted the green x because of me downloading a trial of particle world!

but anyway i will try and find a video file of the same particle effect, thanks for the help though .

cheers

Return to posts index

by on Feb 17, 2011 at 12:00:14 am

Luke, since you have a licensed copy, why not just contact Adobe Support about your issue? If you don't have CC PW, then you're not getting your money's worth. Just straighten out the issue, get your plug-ins working properly, then complete the tutorial and your film.

Joey Foreman

Return to posts index

by on Feb 18, 2011 at 10:58:33 am

Get right on it , i didnt know adobe themselves would help with stuff like that... ! thanks

Return to posts index

Heather BellRe: CC Particle World , ALTERNATIVE?!!! Way of completing Andrew Kramer's "Ancient Title" Tutorial.!!!
by on Dec 16, 2011 at 9:45:37 am

I would like to confirm that Particle World is in fact NOT bundled with CS5.

Did you find a way around - the new bundle is $299 - which is difficult for someone who has legacy versions of projects to complete and CS5. My next step is to download a free legacy version of CS4.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 16, 2011 at 8:01:51 pm

[Heather Bell] "I would like to confirm that Particle World is in fact NOT bundled with CS5."

CC Particle World is bundled [link] with the full version of Adobe After Effects CS5, but not the trial.

If you are running the fully licensed version, but you do not have CC Particle World available, there is a problem with your installation. You should un-install and re-install, or you should contact Adobe support.

The versions of the effects available from Cycore FX are actually different than the versions that are bundled with AE -- some offer higher bit depths or additional features.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]