ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

after effects stuck in higher screen resolution

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kraiger Kronostein
after effects stuck in higher screen resolution
on Feb 10, 2011 at 10:44:23 am

Greetings one and all. I'm not sure how this happened but one day I was working in After Effects CS4 and the whole program embedded itself into the to left hand portion of my computer. aftereffects_problem.jpg Thankfully, I've been able to continue working on another computer but it would be great to know how to fix this problem. I don't know if this was the right portion of the forum to post this in so if it is please let me know. I'm running the program in an Intel Mac Book Pro as well.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: after effects stuck in higher screen resolution
on Feb 10, 2011 at 5:06:28 pm

i have a feeling that the little + button (i think mac calls it 'zoom button') in the upper-left corner got clicked and now the window is off screen...

i can't think of a keyboard shortcut to 'click' that option again, but you may be able to pull the ae preference file to the desktop and restart ae to get it back to the default settings.

the preference file is in users/[username]/library/preferences/adobe/aftereffects/[versionnumber]/ its the file called 'adobe after effects [number] prefs'. just move that to the desktop and see if that gets your window back.

if it does, you'll need to reset all your preferences, if not, then you can drop your preference file back into it's original location.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Kraiger Kronostein
on Feb 11, 2011 at 9:40:23 am

Thanks I'll give that a try.

Return to posts index

Kraiger Kronostein
on Feb 11, 2011 at 11:16:41 pm

That did the trick, thank you so much!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]