ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Unable to import (filename) as a project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cam ViUnable to import (filename) as a project
by on Feb 9, 2011 at 10:12:03 am

Hi guys! I desperately want to know if there is any way at all to get my ae project working again. What happened was I was working on a MAC and saved my project on my bootcamp, and when I reboot and opened my project I got this warning : Unable to import (filename) as a project.

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Unable to import (filename) as a project
by on Feb 9, 2011 at 5:15:47 pm

there are a few ways to open a project:
  1. simply double-clicking the project file (or right-clicking the file and choosing open)
  2. start ae, then choosing file>open (i would try that vs file>open recent...)
  3. start ae and create a new project, then file>import the project that won't open

i would try all of those to try and recover your project, the last option can often work in situations like this.

if it doesn't then i see two other options, rebuild the project or try to hack the project file by saving a new empty project, then using a text editor to open both the new project and the old project, then copy/paste any data that is different from the old project into the new project... that may sound easy enough, but i doubt that it will be that simple to do. so you'll need to weigh the time it will take to rebuild, vs the time it will take to try and recover it (knowing that it may not work and you'll be rebuilding anyway).

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved