ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

glowing circles on video

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nima Masoodglowing circles on video
by on Feb 8, 2011 at 5:47:43 pm

Hi guys&girls, I was wondering if someone could help me with this problem I'm facing.

Do you see the red glowing background behind the glowing lines? I'd like to have a couple of those, each in a different colour on my own video moving around in each scene. Sort of like this happy disco effect(don't know another way to describe it LOL) I'm relatively new to After Effects so if someone could give me step by step instructions on how to do this it will be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: glowing circles on video
by on Feb 8, 2011 at 7:42:49 pm

the glowing line effect is most definitely3d stroke. has a tutorial that creates a similar effect using particle world (an effect that comes bundled with ae).

the red, smokey background looks like the fractal noise effect with the tint effect, and then a heavy vinette that can be as easy as a circular mask with a lot of feathering.

if that's what you're after, then try creating a new comp and add a new solid. the add the fractal noise effect. there are lots of options to tweak to get what your after, but for starters, if you want some movement to the 'smoke' animate the evolution settings. after you get a rate that you like, then you can tweak the other settings, like noise type and scale.

to colorize the fractal noise effect, try adding the tint effect to the same layer (bellow the fractal noise effect) and set the white chip to red (or any color you want).

to create the vinette, with the layer selected, double click the circular mask to add a circular mask that is the size of the layer (if it's a rectangle, click and hold to reveal the other mask shapes). twirl down the mask properties to reveal feather and expansion. increase the feathering quite a bit, maybe 300, and then decrease the expansion (maybe 100), and you should start creating a vinette effect. if needed, set the comp background color to black (composition>background).

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved