ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Prorez444 log workflow

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
RousselProrez444 log workflow
by on Feb 6, 2011 at 5:13:23 pm

Hi, It's my first time working with log file and I would like advice on the road to take.

Those file came from the Arri Alexa as prores 444 log. I need to composite a crowd and then, render out as the same prorez444 log for color grading.
For now, I'm in 32bits, I set the working space to SRGB and linearized. I then took the shot, comp in the crowd, render out as the prores444. When I reimport the shot (after effects or FCP), it look the same.

- Is it a good workflow, or I just messed up the color management settings and maybe confused the linearized workspace.

- Is it a good way to composite, directly in log. Because, when i played with LEVELS, I only using a really small range of value. I have the feeling I'm loosing something (data or precision) compare to my past experience with LEVELS. But, when I convert my shot Log2Lin with the effect Cineon Converter, all my scene goes way darker.

- Does the prores444 need something extra in the output module. I assume it use the trillions of color, so it's like the 10bits DPX or cineon files.

Thanks anyone

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved