ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Timeline display options for expressions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James PrimhakTimeline display options for expressions
by on Feb 5, 2011 at 4:37:06 pm

Hello,

apologies for such a mundane question, but is there a way of adjusting the timeline track height in ae? an equivalent to shift-t in fcp is what i'm after. or really any tips on how to display expressions better. i am currently doing a lot of admin on expressions in my project and am using one of the ginormous monitors at work, so it seems a shame to not make better use of the space. I find making slight alterations to lots of expressions a bit fiddly using the default interface. is there a better way?

cheers,

jim

Return to posts index

Chris ButtacoliRe: Timeline display options for expressions
by on Feb 6, 2011 at 6:30:43 pm

Besides having to drag open each track separately.... maybe someone will write a script :)

However, sometimes I use a text editor to write my expressions, and then just copy and paste.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Timeline display options for expressions
by on Feb 7, 2011 at 5:47:49 pm

I normally work with "brain dead" types of expressions, i.e. not very complicated ones, but I seem to recall that if you reveal a multiline expression, the cursor will become a two-pointed arrow pointing up & down when positioned in the proper place on the layer. You pull down to reveal more of the expression.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Timeline display options for expressions
by on Feb 10, 2011 at 12:45:42 am

I keep the expression editor field very tall in the Graph Editor view, and then I toggle back and forth to the Graph Editor view as a way of getting to my tall expression editor field.

See this page for information on showing expressions in the Graph Editor and toggling to it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]