ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Timeline display options for expressions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James PrimhakTimeline display options for expressions
by on Feb 5, 2011 at 4:37:06 pm

apologies for such a mundane question, but is there a way of adjusting the timeline track height in ae? an equivalent to shift-t in fcp is what i'm after. or really any tips on how to display expressions better. i am currently doing a lot of admin on expressions in my project and am using one of the ginormous monitors at work, so it seems a shame to not make better use of the space. I find making slight alterations to lots of expressions a bit fiddly using the default interface. is there a better way?

Return to posts index

Chris ButtacoliRe: Timeline display options for expressions
by on Feb 6, 2011 at 6:30:43 pm

Besides having to drag open each track separately.... maybe someone will write a script :)

However, sometimes I use a text editor to write my expressions, and then just copy and paste.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Timeline display options for expressions
by on Feb 7, 2011 at 5:47:49 pm

I normally work with "brain dead" types of expressions, i.e. not very complicated ones, but I seem to recall that if you reveal a multiline expression, the cursor will become a two-pointed arrow pointing up & down when positioned in the proper place on the layer. You pull down to reveal more of the expression.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Timeline display options for expressions
by on Feb 10, 2011 at 12:45:42 am

I keep the expression editor field very tall in the Graph Editor view, and then I toggle back and forth to the Graph Editor view as a way of getting to my tall expression editor field.

See this page for information on showing expressions in the Graph Editor and toggling to it.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved