ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

I Need Assistance Recreating a Special Effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan GallardoI Need Assistance Recreating a Special Effect
by on Feb 5, 2011 at 6:11:30 am

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could provide any information as to what kind of effect was used on the clothes to achieve that black with neon yellow streaks color, and if possible how it was created.

All I know is that the clothes he was wearing was yellow before the video went through post-production.

The video source is down below.

Thanks! ^_^

Return to posts index

Cory PetkovsekRe: I Need Assistance Recreating a Special Effect
by on Feb 5, 2011 at 6:57:30 am
Last Edited By Cory Petkovsek on Nov 5, 2014 at 11:25:57 am

It's a poor quality chroma key heavily stylized to look good. Start keying out the yellow with "color key" or keylight. But don't key out all the creases, just the main color. Leave some residue. Then you'll have to play with how to emphasize that residue into something good looking. I'd start with colorama, glow, and change color. You'll need to mask out the rest so you leave the effects limited to the clothes.

Cory

--
Corporate Video

Return to posts index

Bryan GallardoRe: I Need Assistance Recreating a Special Effect
by on Feb 5, 2011 at 9:05:32 am

Awesome! Thanks a lot, you were very helpful!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: I Need Assistance Recreating a Special Effect
by on Feb 5, 2011 at 5:30:22 pm

You may also want to try Find Edges- select the yellow color of the suit- create a mask using a key filter- composite that on top of the original and apply Find Edges.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: I Need Assistance Recreating a Special Effect
by on Feb 5, 2011 at 5:33:42 pm

When I saw that, I thought that the basis of the lines was probably created with Find Edges, or the Cartoon effect set to render only edges.

Cory's suggestions about stylizing the lines and isolating the effect to just the clothes are spot on. He may even be right about how the basis lines were created; there are many ways to accomplish similar results with After Effects.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]