ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Frame rate manipulation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lewis HackettFrame rate manipulation
by on Feb 5, 2011 at 1:16:24 am

Hey there, I am working on a project which requires some green-screen shot footage to be composited over old Archive footage to make it look like the actors are in the old scenes. I have matched everything correctly with colour correction and grain but I would like to simulate the same frame rate as the source footage.

Unfortunately I do not have details of the original frame rates so everything is being calculated by eye, and the footage varies from 1853, 1898, 1946, 1948, 1951, and 1962.

I have used re:vision twixtor before for altering frame rates but I was wondering if there is a simpler or easier solution for dropping frames without using plugins?

Any help would be gratefully accepted, and unfortunately I cannot post the video sources as they are licensed.

Cheers, Lewis

Return to posts index

Simon BonnerRe: Frame rate manipulation
by on Feb 5, 2011 at 1:28:32 pm

Put your original footage into a precomp, lower the frame rate in that comp, then go into the Advanced composition settings (Composition > Composition Settings), and choose Preserve Frame Rate When Nested Or In Render Queue. I think this will give what you need.

Simon Bonner

Return to posts index

Lewis HackettRe: Frame rate manipulation
by on Feb 8, 2011 at 3:01:17 pm

Thankyou Simon, that is exactly what I was looking for :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved