ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Strange render problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon RoughanStrange render problem
by on Feb 4, 2011 at 2:03:01 pm

Im rendering out a QT Animation codec with alpha. It looks good in ram preview, it looks good rendered in QT player, but when I import it back into AE (CS4) the text looks blocky and shite, like it is in 1/2 quality settings or something (but its not). The background film that I want to lay it over is fine, it is only the rendered QT with alpha that looks bad. I have made 100s of renders with these same settings, without problems, but for the life of me I cant work this out.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Simon RoughanRe: Strange render problem
by on Feb 4, 2011 at 2:31:33 pm

This is really doing my head in. Doesnt matter which font, or which codec, even a pic sequence...everything with text and alpha looks blocky.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Strange render problem
by on Feb 4, 2011 at 3:40:41 pm

Hi Simon,

Can you post a screen shot showing the problem with your whole AE UI?

Without more information, my wild guess is that you're working with rectangular pixels, and you're seeing some jaggies caused by AE's Pixel Aspect Ratio Correction [link]. As you've noted, they do look terrible in the viewer, but renders come out perfectly.

You can toggle the PAR correction button () to turn the feature on or off. It only affects the viewer, and does not affect your renders at all.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved