ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects MPEG 2 Export Question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris JaycoxAfter Effects MPEG 2 Export Question
by on Feb 3, 2011 at 9:58:59 pm

Hey Guys this is my frist post on what appears to be a great forum. Good to be here. Let the inner cow loose!

Okay- I need to export a video file from After Effects for my broadcaster and After Effects CS5 only seems to want to give me a .M2V file extension. I'd like to be able to export .mpg without having to import/export in another program.

I'm sure there is an easy way around this...

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: After Effects MPEG 2 Export Question
by on Feb 4, 2011 at 1:27:09 am

Sounds like you're not sending an audio track to the same queue. Try switching on the multiplexer mode. Heck, you may even change the .M2V extension to MPG or M2P and see if that works.

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeDon't Do It!
by on Feb 4, 2011 at 3:55:39 pm

[Chris Jaycox] "I'd like to be able to export .mpg without having to import/export in another program."

Well, you can forget about that!

Not only does AE do a very poor-quality job of rendering to a long-gop codec like mpeg -- no multipass capabilities, you see -- it may not even be capable of making an mpeg 2 file suitable for the client's specs.

I STRONGLY recommend that you render using the AE Render Queue -- don't export -- in the highest-quality codec possible, either lossless or uncompressed.

You had better double-check with "your broadcaster" on delivery specifications RIGHT NOW, paying extremely close detail to the bitrate they require. You may discover that you'll need to get a piece of specialized transcoding software like Telestream's Episode Pro to do a conversion that will meet specs.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Chris JaycoxRe: Don't Do It!
by on Feb 7, 2011 at 11:34:53 pm

Thanks Dave, I'll try the render queue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved