ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After effects render problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gemma amosAfter effects render problem
by on Feb 2, 2011 at 4:50:07 pm

Hello there,

I was looking for some help in regards to after effects, I am a 2D cut out animator, generally using AE for my animation needs.

However recently I have been having problems rendering.

It seems that when I render, as quicktime or targa sequences, the positioning of my layers jumps, from position to position, also some layers are getting stuck in one position.

For example, I have a head turning, his head turns but his eyes are still stuck looking forward.

When I have previewed this in AE the animation looks fine, it is only when I render.

I have tried rendering as different formats and qualities, however the same issue arises.

Also all my comps are the same frame rate, 25fps and so is the setting when I render.

I am running AE on a Mac book pro with 4gb of ram and a 2.5ghz intel core 2 duo with 100GB of space.
Plus the comp is only 30 secs long so its not a biggy and doesnt have lots of layers!

So I dont understand why this is happening.

Any help would be much appreciated, as I am now resulting into rendering out all my precomps and rebuilding the animation.

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: After effects render problem
by on Feb 2, 2011 at 6:12:00 pm

Are you on CS4?
I've been running into a similar problem when rotoscoping in CS4 on my MB Pro. We both have inadequate RAM, and I suspect that might be a contributing factor, though I never experienced it with CS3.
My 1st fix was to switch to 16 or 32 bpc.
This helped out a bit, for some reason, but ultimately I had to render in segments.
Fortunately my destination was FCP, so I was able to stitch the clips together.
In my case the roto masks were slipping during render.
I, too, would appreciate some insight into possible causes, as this is this 1st time I've ever encountered the issue.

Joey Foreman
Editor/Compositor/VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Post removed.

Todd KoprivaRe: After effects render problem
by on Feb 3, 2011 at 5:43:38 am

That is bizarre.

Please send a project that exhibits this behavior to aebugs (at) adobe (dot) com.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved