ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Faster way to edit audio and video?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmylee RemillardFaster way to edit audio and video?
by on Feb 1, 2011 at 4:26:47 am

Hell guys, I have been doing a lot of green screen commercials and need to find a better to get the actor in and out. Heres a little more info.
I use a t2i for video and use a rhode nt3 (straight into cubase) for audio. I then edit the audio and bring both into motion, sync audio then go about making my commercial.

Its not that bad but as you can see if the actore makes a mistake we have to stop and re record from the start.

My options are:
1) Record straight to the SD card but then i lose a lot of sound control through cubase
2) Higher better actors but might not solve the problem
3) find a video editor that will allow me to link the audio so i can make the cuts then export the audio back to cubase.

I duno any thoughts??

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: Faster way to edit audio and video?
by on Feb 1, 2011 at 5:09:43 am

To quote the character Manuel from Fawlty Towers-
"┬┐Que?"

I have been doing a lot of green screen commercials and need to find a better to get the actor in and out

What's wrong with the way your actor gets in and out?

I then edit the audio and bring both into motion

Wouldn't the Motion forum be a more appropriate venue for your question?

2) Higher better actors but might not solve the problem

Nah, probably not. Drugs usually impede performance.

3) find a video editor that will allow me to link the audio so i can make the cuts then export the audio back to cubase.

Why won't the editor allow you to do that? Who does he think he is?
Do you mean editing app?
You have Motion, so you have Final Cut Pro. That one's pretty good for syncing material.

Joey Foreman
Editor/Compositor/VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Faster way to edit audio and video?
by on Feb 1, 2011 at 5:24:38 am

Use Singular Software DualEyes [link] to make syncing the audio back to the video a snap. It analyzes your high-quality, separate sound files and matches them with the on-camera audio in your video files for sync, then creates new movies with the video and good audio. You could take the synced files directly into the next step of your workflow.

[Joey Foreman] "You have Motion, so you have Final Cut Pro. That one's pretty good for syncing material."

I'm with Joey. Record/sweeten in Cubase. Cut in FCP. Composite in AE (this is the AE forum, after all) or Motion.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]