Had to uninstall Production Studio CS2. All went well. Went to reinstall, and Prod. Studio thinks After Effects is still installed, which it isn't. So it won't reinstall After Effects. Tried everything I could think of including the Adobe Cleanup tool but that is CS3/CS4...tried it anyway, but no luck. Production Studio CS2 still thinks After Effects is installed. Soooo...there must be a way to manually uninstall this but I can't seem to find anything out there using a Google search. Any help appreciated. Bottom line is, all I want to reinstall IS After Effects, and that's the only component of CS2 that it won't let me install!!!
I would do the following, but then I can fix most anything so you may want more care.
I'm assuming you're on windows since that's what I'm on. Two ways, the first is more surgical like, more direct but more effort.
- Download Process Monitor and run it.
- Run the install until it reports that AE is already installed.
- Switch back to procmon and stop capturing.
- Look for the setup program process, right click it and select "include setup.exe" or whatever it is called. This will filter out everything but this.
- Now from the bottom scroll up and look for the files and registry keys it is accessing. One of those (out of thousands) is what setup is using to determine that AE is installed.
- Go find that registry key or file and delete it.
- Then reinstall.
This method is much easier. This should work for any version of windows, but some directories might be there only on vista/7. Note some of these directories are hidden. Make a backup first.
- Uninstall everything adobe
- Delete all your temp files (in your user profile - %temp%)
- Delete c:\program files\adobe and c:\program files (x86)\adobe.
- Delete c:\programdata\adobe
- Delete c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\adobe
- Delete c:\users\username\appdata\local\adobe
- Delete c:\users\username\appdata\locallow\adobe
- Delete my documents\adobe
- Edit the registry and delete HKLM\software\adobe and HKCU\Software\adobe. Export those keys as backups first.
- Reboot again
- Now reinstall all the adobe programs you like.