ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Re Submitting to a Watch Folder with AE Network rendering

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dave garcia
Re Submitting to a Watch Folder with AE Network rendering
on Jan 28, 2011 at 11:07:53 pm

Hi all,
I have a question regarding network rendering with After Effects CS5.

So... We have 4 Boxx render nodes set up looking at a watch folder. The VFX files we are rendering are located on the network while I am submitting renders via my finishing machine. Basically opening up the files that the VFX guys are working on, collecting and sending to the watch folder. OK.. Well and good. THis works.

My problem comes in when we tweak a shot and want to re-render. I understand that I need to nuke the DPX renders that we have so that the "skip existing files" method still works but I really don't want to have to re-collect and copy the original R3D files over the network everytime I want to re-render a shot. Is there an easy way to just resubmit an AE comp or file right back into the same watch folder?

BTW, I've tried the "collect only project" selection, but the farm doesn't see the original files and they basically don't render. I think there must be a networking protocol here that's above my pay grade.

THanks in advance for any help here.

David Garcia
creative director
halflife* digital
Albuquerque, NM
halflifedigital.com

Return to posts index

dave garcia
Re: Re Submitting to a Watch Folder with AE Network rendering
on Jan 30, 2011 at 12:57:13 am

Anyone?

David Garcia
creative director
halflife* digital
Albuquerque, NM
halflifedigital.com

Return to posts index

Spencer Tweed
Re: Re Submitting to a Watch Folder with AE Network rendering
on Jan 30, 2011 at 7:23:01 am

Yeesh... I have not been able to find a solution to this one yet, though I have had similar questions.

I don't have time to do it right now (just going home) but I'd suggest looking into the "Report" or "RCF" text files that get submitted with the render. Just set up a simple test: submit two jobs from the same project - one without collecting footage and one with collecting footage. Then dig around in the files and try to spot what is different in them.

I'll look into this in the next day or two - I'm interested in finding a resolution for myself too.

- Spencer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]