ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Trouble with flash (.swf) files in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eugene HooperTrouble with flash (.swf) files in AE
by on Jan 27, 2011 at 8:04:43 pm

Hey, I'm having trouble getting a .swf file to animate in AE CS5. I'm working on a templated company project and the existing comps have swf files that animate within AE. The swf files ive imported fail to animate when I play it down. they definitely have animation in them as well as I have tested it in a browser. any ideas?

thanks in advance!

Eugene

Macbook 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Trouble with flash (.swf) files in AE
by on Jan 27, 2011 at 8:19:20 pm

I've had this problem before when trying to use a SWF with animation controlled by ActionScript.

From Working with Flash and After Effects [link] in the manual (emphasis mine):
Flash has a unique set of vector art tools that make it useful for a variety of drawing tasks not possible in After Effects or Adobe® Illustrator®. You can import SWF files into After Effects to composite them with other video or render them as video with additional creative effects. Interactive content and scripted animation are not retained. Animation defined by keyframes is retained.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Eugene HooperRe: Trouble with flash (.swf) files in AE
by on Jan 27, 2011 at 8:41:33 pm

thanks for the info. that sounds like the most likely problem. but right now I only have the swf as it was provided to me as an asset. just wandering if there are any other possible causes for this problem? just in case it turns out that it didnt have anything to do with Action Script or something like that.

thanks for the help. much appreciated.

Macbook 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]