ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Integrating a flash video into after effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brandon Baldauf
Integrating a flash video into after effects
on Jan 27, 2011 at 4:37:58 am

Ok, so I have a flash animation I am making. I need to move this into after effects to add certain effects that flash cannot do effectivly. So I need to know any steps I should take to move the project over and embed it into an after effects project. What is the best export format, framerate and any other advice for this process.

I have tried this before and it did not work too well, I had it exported as a quicktime, but it did not copy every frame into the quicktime and finally the final product, many keyframes were missing and caused a lot of clunky movments in the previously smooth animations.

Anyone have any advice for this?

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Integrating a flash video into after effects
on Jan 27, 2011 at 9:34:04 am

My first advice: do it all in AE, there's nothing that you can do in Flash that AE will not do. CS5 can even export Flash projects.
If you still want to animate in Flash and then bring it in AE, make sure that you use the same frame rate.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

brandon Baldauf
on Jan 27, 2011 at 10:21:42 pm

well i'd like to do it all in AE, but one I have AE cs4 and two I am doing a traditional frame by frame animation with moving characters and all. I had looked into using AE but it didnt seem to have any effective drawing tools for the purpose of making characters in a free hand style.

Return to posts index

Tim Drage
on Jan 27, 2011 at 1:06:41 pm

I've never had any success with quicktime exports from flash, it seems to do it in some absurd way like it's just playing it live and capturing with mixed success/dropped frames etc. Best to export PNG sequence or something in my experience.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]