ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Adobe Bridge

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcus MarottoAdobe Bridge
by on Jan 27, 2011 at 1:50:56 am

I am having massive rendering problems trying to render out 10 videos all put together in the same manner, yet not rendering similarly.

I am using a script to pull all the pieces together and when I put them into the render queue it should take 3-4 hours. Some of them render fine, some take 6 hours, then some stop a few minutes into it and I only have about 4 megabytes of a rendered file. Then I also have some that render for 3-6 hours and still only have a 4 megabyte file that didn't render out completely. The worst part is that no error log is produced and I can't find out why it didn't render completely.

All the comps are made exactly the same way with the same setting and the same type of pieces so there shouldn't be any difference in the renders from one to the other. I have used multiple different computers all connected through and X-San and I can't find any kind of reason for why some work and some don't. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Some of the technical:
MacPro running Mac OSX, 2 Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 16GB RAM.
Rendering out at Best quality 1920x1080, 29.97fps, using Apple ProRes 422 in an 8bit comp.
Using Multiple Frames Simultaneously, with 3GB per background CPU.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Adobe Bridge
by on Jan 27, 2011 at 12:13:38 pm

What version of AE are you running? What kind of footage are you using?

Does it work if you disable multiprocessing? What if you tweak your multiprocessing settings as recommended [link]?

Does it make a difference if you render locally or to your SAN?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Marcus MarottoRe: Adobe Bridge
by on Jan 27, 2011 at 10:19:40 pm

Hi Walter,

I am running After Effects CS5, and all video files have been rendered out as .movs ahead of time, originally R3Ds.

Changing the multiprocessing options doesn't seem to make much of a difference as far as I can as the other renders are all different times anyways. I have been rendering locally hoping that would allow it to be faster, but once again, didn't notice much of a difference.

Last night I set up all my files to render again and it seemed that every other file would stop rendering after about 3 mins and then move onto the next one. I have a workaround, it's just rather annoying that I can't trust all my work to get done overnight without having to check in on it multiple times.

I'll take a look at the settings you recommend and see if that changes anything.

Thank you for getting back to me, I'll let you know what my results are.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved