ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE CS4 crashes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan Van den Bossche
AE CS4 crashes
on Jan 21, 2011 at 4:37:48 pm

Hi,

Once in a while, it does happen, AE CS4 crashes. When that happens, I am not able to launch AE again.
I always have to restart my MacPro to be able to start AE, strange...?

Jan

MacPro 1,1
2x3Ghz DualCore Intel Xeon
4 cores
12Gb RAM
OSX Snow Leopard
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT VRAM 256mb

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: AE CS4 crashes
on Jan 21, 2011 at 5:04:21 pm

it does seem strange if it always happens that way... i think i have encountered a crash or 2 where i had to reboot, but definitely not every cs4 crash.

i'll give the obvious suggestion, make sure you have the latest update for cs4 (9.0.3).

the next time it happens, you might open the activity monitor (applications>utilities) and see i all ae processes have quit. it's possible that some of the processes are still running and that is preventing ae from relaunching.

with cs3, i remember ae crashes would often leave the aeselflink processes running (those are the background render engines that ae uses for multi-processing). relaunching cs3 would then open a new series of aeselflink processes, and performance would go way down, but it still launched... to get ae back to working properly i would have to use the activity monitor to quit each aeselflink manually, then relaunch ae (of course a reboot would do the same).

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Jan Van den Bossche
on Jan 21, 2011 at 5:07:19 pm

I did forget to mention that I have Nucleo Pro running. So maybe that is the app still running in the background ? Thanks for the tip, I'm gonna check it next time AE crashes.

Jan Van den Bossche

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
on Jan 22, 2011 at 12:05:49 am

Sometimes Nucleo Pro doesn't release memory. Check the Crash Log and Activity Monitor when the crash occurs, you can force quite Nucleo and see whether it frees up After Effects.

Return to posts index

Jan Van den Bossche
on Jan 22, 2011 at 12:14:07 pm

I added a screenshot, I cannot force stop the aerendercore processes, strange...

Jan Van den Bossche

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]