ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE Frame Blending for Reversed layer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noorul Sahabudeen
AE Frame Blending for Reversed layer
on Jan 20, 2011 at 12:55:12 pm

Hi,
I just want to know that is there any difference in the processing of frame blending when the layer is reversed.

I have a layer, by default the stretch is 100%, i enabled Frame Blending for that layer. Opacity for the blending frame comes as follows,
For 1st Frame - 5.5%
For 2nd Frame - 89%
For 3rd Frame - 5.5%

But when i reverse the layer, it comes as
For 1st Frame - 4%
For 2nd Frame - 87%
For 3rd Frame - 9%

In both the case stretch is 100%, in second case it is -100% as it is reversed.
My doubt is why is the opacity for the frames is different?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: AE Frame Blending for Reversed layer
on Jan 20, 2011 at 4:03:20 pm

Without knowing a single blessed thing about your system, the footage you're using or the version of AE you're running I can only guess, and here's my guess:

You trying to use long GOP footage from a DSLR, HDV camera or a flip camera -- something like that -- in a version of AE earlier than version 10 (aka CS5).

If so, the fix is to change that footage to a lossless or uncompressed codec before you import it into AE... and you can't use AE to convert it. Use something else.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Noorul Sahabudeen
on Jan 21, 2011 at 4:52:06 am

I am not having any problem with any conversion.
My doubt is why should be the Frame Blending result different when we reverse the movie...

I created a movie in a After Effect with Numbers from 1 - 10 which goes from left to right. Render that movie as RGBA and import that movie.

Now add a layer for the imported source.Enable frame Blending and seek to frame number 2 of Composition.

As Frame blending is enabled while rendering frame 2 , it will use frame 1, 2 and 3, and blend those frames with opacity of 5.5% for frame 1, 89% of frame 2 and 5.5% of frame 3. It follows the same pattern of blending for all the frames except the first and last frame.

Now my doubt is when i reverse the layer, the opacity considered for blending is changing to 3%, 87% and 9%...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 21, 2011 at 4:20:28 pm

Try precomposing the time-reversed footage, and then apply Frame Blending,

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]