ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Converting text back to non-editable

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith HendersonConverting text back to non-editable
by on Jan 20, 2011 at 7:07:34 am

I thought that it would be easier to edit the text in AE. I changed all the text editable and now I am thinking I should go back to Adobe Photoshop. How do I reverse this so that I can go back and edit so that Adobe reflects the changes.

Return to posts index

Andrew DevisRe: Converting text back to non-editable
by on Jan 20, 2011 at 9:16:34 am

If you double click on the text layer it give you the text tool and highlights all the text on that layer ready to edit. If you want to make a small change select the text tool and click at the point you want to make the change to un-highlight all the text and to give you an insertion point.

Andrew

... because it's all about stories ...

Return to posts index

Keith HendersonRe: Converting text back to non-editable
by on Jan 20, 2011 at 2:54:43 pm

No, I want to be able to edit my text in Photoshop again. I mistakenly set all my text layers to editable in AE and now I do not want this, because it is better to edit the text in Photoshop. I am talking about layer effects specifically, I have an outline that I changed in PS but it is not reflected in AE. How do I get it back to the origional link that existed when I loaded the PSD?

Return to posts index

Andy BlondinRe: Converting text back to non-editable
by on Jan 20, 2011 at 3:40:24 pm

I don't think there is anyway to do it. Hit control-z as far as you can back. If you can't then look at your autosaves or incremental saves.

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Converting text back to non-editable
by on Jan 20, 2011 at 3:58:02 pm

the original psd layers should still be in the project window (in the same folder as all the other layers from the psd you imported), you'll just need to bring them back into the comp.

after that, as you update the psd layers, you may need to select the layer (in the project window) and choose file>reload footage to see the changes in ae.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]