ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How do you manage Stock Footage?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmylee RemillardHow do you manage Stock Footage?
by on Jan 19, 2011 at 5:43:56 pm

Hey CreativeCOW, I'm hiring a new employee for my company and we have a massive stock library (Photo's, Videos, Audio Tracks, Green Screen, Ect). My question is, how do you go about keeping your stock footage managed for multiple users?

Should I look into Final Cut Server and a Mac Mini? Maybe Adobe has something we could use. I just need all my employees to be able to search for the footage they need easily to not hinder workflow.

Thanks,
Jimmylee

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: How do you manage Stock Footage?
by on Jan 19, 2011 at 6:26:17 pm

You might want to look at CAT DV, reputed to be a great asset management tool. Here's some info on it:
http://magazine.creativecow.net/article/fast-enough-datadriven-broadcast-in...

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jimmylee RemillardRe: How do you manage Stock Footage?
by on Jan 19, 2011 at 6:30:27 pm

Thanks a lot, i will check that out.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: How do you manage Stock Footage?
by on Jan 19, 2011 at 7:35:58 pm

My team is using Adobe Bridge quite successfully. All the library footage (on a network drive) has keywords in metadata that are introduced in Bridge. A search is really fast and easy.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

by on Jan 19, 2011 at 7:42:20 pm

Thanks, Ill check that out.

Does it have different categories for audio video photo ect? And, does it work with Apples Motion and Final Cut Pro?

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: How do you manage Stock Footage?
by on Jan 19, 2011 at 7:59:06 pm

You can choose to create categories and subcategories in your metadata or just archive to different folders. Adobe Bridge is a standalone app- it will give you the option to open files with... but that is for the Adobe products. However, I think (never tested that in Motion and the like) that you can just drag and drop your selection from Bridge to another app.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: How do you manage Stock Footage?
by on Jan 20, 2011 at 3:09:29 am

I'm having great luck with Adobe Bridge, presently managing hundreds of client projects, stock footage, stills, audio, and more - my last job was at an ABC affiliate, at which I managed literally thousands of files, for News, Promotions, and Commercial Production using Bridge. Through careful structuring of the network folders (and strong naming conventions), and a carefully thought out category/subcategory system, I was able to put my hands on anything I needed at a moment's notice.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

by on Jan 20, 2011 at 2:10:34 pm

Do you know if it works good with Final Cut Studio? Also, do you know how it compares to Final Cut Server? You guys make Adobe Bridge sound awesome, ill take a look at it closer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]